Saturday, September 15, 2012
Members were kept busy today both in and out of the station. Starting around sunrise members began setting up and preparing for our annual crab feast. This included cleaning, setting up tables and chairs, cooking, BBQ'ing, and other miscellaneous tasks around the house. The event was attended by members of the community, other fire houses, members of Congress, Seat Pleasant's own Mayor Grant, and even a brief appearance by the County Fire Chief Marc Bashoor. The event was once again a success and we would like to thank all that attended and donated goods as well as their time to make this a success. Now if that wasn't enough to keep members busy, crews also answered many runs during the day throughout the Seat Pleasant Community many of which were traumas. Here is a brief summary of the days traumas:
1) 0630 hours - Engine 82 and Ambulance 88 to Peppermill Dr & White Pearl Pl - male beaten severely in head during robbery, taken to trauma center
2) 1605 hours - Ambulance 88 to 610 Hill Rd - Injured child on the football field during a game. Taken to a pediatric trauma center
3) 1741 hours - Engine 82 and Ambulance 88 to the 7200 Blk of Mahogany Dr - Small child hit and dragged under a vehicle.
4) 1923 hours - Engine 83 and Ambulance 88 to Central Ave & Peppermill Dr - serious accident involving a motorcycle. Patient taken to a trauma center.
5) 2202 hours - Ambulance 88 to Garret A Morgan Blvd & Gibbs Way - pedestrian struck taken to a local trauma center
6) 2310 hours - Engine 82 and Ambulance 88 to East Capitol St & Burgundy St - accident with a pedestrian struck. Required 4 EMS units and pedestrian struck suffered critical leg injury.
For photos of our Crab Feast check out our Facebook page